21 Jun How to be a good and prepared bridesmaid !
What to expect as a Bridesmaid
Now that you have been given the duty of bridesmaid you need to know what to expect. The most important duty of a bridesmaid is to ensure the Bride is treated like and truly believes that she is a queen on her all important day.
Below is a list of what is ahead of you
First of all ladies clear your schedule at least 6 months before the big day…You are going to be busy!
Prior to the big day you may be required to
Aid with the entire wedding plans e.g. themes, music, colour schemes etc… Help find the most amazing wedding dress imaginable. Advise the bride on bridesmaids dresses and accessories…carefully steering her away from the peach meringues! Make yourself and the other bridesmaids available for dress fittings. Assist with preparing and posting invitations. Prepare the rehearsal dinner if applicable. Help make endless, thorough to-do lists. Remind the bride of her need to have “Something Old, Something New and Something Blue”. PREPARE THE HEN PARTY! – Or contact us. Let us do all the hard work and you take all the credit.
On the big day you may be required to
Be bright eyed and bushy tailed on the morning of your beautiful brides big day! You should bear resemblance to “Mary Poppins – drill sergeant style”. Ensure all is going according to plan! Ensure there are tasty treats and lots of bubbly on hand to help with the butterflies during the morning preparations.
Here is a list of things that may help
- Monitor the bride’s hair and make up and help with touch ups throughout the day. If your bride’s waterproof mascara becomes not so waterproof be ready to rescue.
- Have a “Wedding party survival kit” stowed away in case of any disasters – This should consist of: safety pins, needle and thread (varying colours), make up, nail file, deodorant & heel glue.
- At the church you must ensure the brides train and veil are perfect at all times. Hold the bouquet throughout the ceremony.
- Sign the register, if required. Smile endlessly for all the pictures – Even if it is raining or snowing, your feet feel like they have 3rd degree burns and you really need to wee!
- Ask guests to sign the guestbook.
- Ensure you keep a record of all gifts received.
- Follow the first dance – Prop the best man up if you have to, just make sure you dance!
- Decorate the wedding bed – Put romantic rose petals on the bed and your imagination can take care of the rest!
- Most importantly be prepared for temper tantrums, tears, panic attacks and sore feet!
Be ready for the worst but expect the best!